PDA

View Full Version : Flame of the forest | Tadoba

Bhargava Srivari
23-03-2012, 09:07 AM
When the tigers weren't there at this water hole, the pleasant orange of the flame of the forest trees and the prey animals (A gaur in this image) that came there to drink their fill was the characteristic that made this otherwise dry and hot place interesting.

f/4, ISO 200, 1/800sec, EV 0, 105mm, full-frame, evaluative metering.
canon EOS 60D, canon 24-105 f4 L IS USM

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Nice image with gaur quenching its thirst ,the onset of summer is evident.Tadoba is always in and under fire from coalfields!Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
23-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Nice feel of the jungle. I liked the composition. The sole Guar drinking water looks nice. Nice colours in the trees in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
23-03-2012, 10:42 AM
Very nice habitat image. The flame of the forest is quite a catch in this scene. The presence of the gaur drinking water enhances the image. I remember once there was a similar water hole in botswana wherein a camera was placed in a tree with a vantage view. The streaming media was made available on the net for about 3 months. Would love for something similar here. This place is almost perfect, is there a machan here?

Bhargava Srivari
23-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys for the comments.

Murugan,

Yes there is a machan at the waterhole, behind the flame of the forest trees. The field director was seen sitting on this machan several times during my visit, to observe the playful tiger cubs.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
23-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Tranquil feeling. Wish you were not facing the shadow side of the gaur. Why 1/800 shutter speed?

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Suraj Sreedhar
23-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice habitat picture.Lovely feel of the forest.
TFS