PDA

View Full Version : Langur

Anand Madabhushi
06-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Sensing movement of tigers langurs were going crazy... running and jumping about. I was mesmerized at their readiness to climb a tree by holding on to the trunk at the ground level. This was a good lesson to me in alarm calls and subsequent sighting of the tigers.

1/400; f5.6; ISO160;70-300@300.

Saktipada Panigrahi
06-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Nice acrobatic leap from one tree to another so well documented.Composition is fine,in my view.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:On seeing a tiger or leopard on move,a Langur on the ground run away in silence, more of a hasty sneaking away much less exuberant ,till it climbs up a tree.

Mrudul Godbole
06-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Nice mid-air pose captured. The b/w composition enhances the textures in the barks. I think a vertical composition including only the two trees on the left would have enhanced the composition further. Using a higher ISO for a narrower aperture would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
06-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Mrudul,
I thought as much about the vertical composition. My story was about the alarm calls and the atmosphere. Now I realise the cropping of the tree on right has not impaired the effect.
Thank you so much, as always.
Anand

Nice mid-air pose captured. The b/w composition enhances the textures in the barks. I think a vertical composition including only the two trees on the left would have enhanced the composition further. Using a higher ISO for a narrower aperture would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
06-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, a narrower aperture with a higher ISO would have more or less retained the image quality with enhanced depth of field of the atmosphere in the back ground. Point well taken. Thanks.

Anand Madabhushi
06-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Saktida

I will observe the behavior more closely the next time around. Thanks so much.

Anand

Nice acrobatic leap from one tree to another so well documented.Composition is fine,in my view.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:On seeing a tiger or leopard on move,a Langur on the ground run away in silence, more of a hasty sneaking away much less exuberant ,till it climbs up a tree.

Suraj Sreedhar
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Nice catch,Wish you had a higher shutter speed............
TFS