PDA

View Full Version : Funnel web spider | Monochrome

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Thought of trying a monochrome image this time...
Another of the many compliant subjects encountered during the trip to Cotigao WLS over the weekend with Bibhav. Unlike many others of its kind, this spider was determined to stay out in the open. It would dash in every time we made any movements, but would pop back out within a few seconds to face the camera :D.
ID: Most likely Hippasa agelenoides.

Canon 500D, 100mm Macro USM
SS 1/50
Av f10
ISO 400
Full frame
Contrast boost in LR.

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Atul Sinai
14-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Loved the perspective. Monochrome gives the artistic touch to the image.

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks Atul. Thinking whether I should have cropped a strip off the top?

Murugan Anantharaman
14-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Nice Image abhishek. the web looks nice and the occasional water droplets also enhance the image. I agree with you, cropping a bit from the top would make it look better.

Bibhav Behera
14-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Nice Image Abhishek. I like the monochrome conversion. The dark leaf above doesnt bother me much. The dew drops look lovely.
What bothers me a bit in this image is the out of focus leg just in front of the eye.

Sure was one compliant fellow. Thanks for sharing :-)

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Bibhav, the leg hadn't caught my attention while clicking, maybe because it doesn't directly block any of the eyes. Agree with you though. Moving to the left might have been an option :(.

Atul Sinai
15-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Abhishek, I like the composition as it is. Agree with Bibhav about the out of focus leg, its kind of camouflaged though in the overall appeal of the image.

Mrudul Godbole
15-02-2012, 01:17 PM
The monochrome composition looks nice. Specifically it enhances the water droplets. Agree cropping from top would be good. I am fine with the out of focus leg, as it is not blocking the eyes. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
15-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Good to see In MONO.. Just Unfocused Legs not allowing to see image wish its comes in focus.. and Black leaf is not big problem look artistic. About Cropping others already mentioned. TFS.