PDA

View Full Version : Cross Tail (Bandipur Tiger Cub)

Prashant Jois
23-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Well this was my first encounter with a wild tiger (adult or cub) in the open area (& hence first hand opportunity to click in open space) and all the credit goes to JLR naturalist Guru! I hope, you guys would like it. This one is the youngest of the 4 cubs of Gowri's current litter. There is a small story behind its name (as told by some of the naturalist in JLR). When this was very small, one of its sibling ended up biting this guy's tail while playing with each other and as a result one of its nerve got ruptured resulting in permanent damage to its shape (cross tail) and hence the name Cross Tail.

18-01-2012, 9:12 AM @ Bandipur National Park
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv 1/800
Av 7.1
Evaluative metering
EC -1/3
ISO 400
Fl 400mm
Cropped close to 50% as this guys was pretty far from us. Thanks for viewing and please pass on your C&C.

Mrudul Godbole
24-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Congrats on your first tiger sighting :). The head turn and the eye contact is nice. The vertical composition looks nice. Seems there is some loss of details due to the crop. Was anything done to the background? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
24-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Nice image and congrats on your first tiger sighting. First tiger sighting unforgettable. I agree that the BG looks a bit different. But i guess this is natural, maybe this time of the year in bandipur the light's a bit hazy. I remember seeing another tiger image in indiawilds a few days back wherein the bg was similar to yours.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Prashant,
Congratulations on your first tiger sighting in the wild! I am sure many more will follow.

Wish you were closer. Do you have an image with higher depth of field?

Prashant Jois
24-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Sabyasachiji,

Thank your very much. I could manage to click only a couple of images before this guy went inside the bush and as a result I could not get an image with higher DOF. Is there any specific reason you are asking for it?

Murugan & Mrudul,

Thanks. No, I did not do anything to the background. I did not even apply neat image as it was spoiling the immediate background.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Congratulations for your first photograph of tiger in the wild.Good image with habitat.Its nice that you have told us the story.I always like it.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild