PDA

View Full Version : Alien Face.

Joshi Bhavya
28-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Green Praying mantis Close up face. This was shot at morning.
Looks like alien ugly face..with sharp jaws.. I hear that after bread with male, female eat him...:ohmy:

I have read many articals on this insects... Like. In France, people believed a praying mantis would point a lost child home. In Arabic and Turkish cultures, a mantis was thought to point toward Mecca. In Africa, the mantis was thought to brink good luck to whomever it landed on and even restore life to the dead. In the U.S. they were thought to blind men and kill horses. Europeans believed they were highly worshipful to god since they always seemed to be praying......
Check out this for more..The Female Praying Mantis: Sexual Predator or Misunderstood | Serendip's Exchange (http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1801)..

i dont know what is truth or fake... I just see.. that, this is nature..

Shot With Canon 550D With 100mm Macro
F:16
SS: 200
ISO:400

Mrudul Godbole
31-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Lovely closeup. The details are nice. Is this full frame? You could have tried a vertical composition to include the antennas in full. Thanks for sharing the amazing beliefs about this insect. Look forward to more.

Joshi Bhavya
01-01-2012, 08:35 PM
thanks mrudul.. yes..its full frame image..
vertical comp. will be better.. but I think the way mantis have given a pose.. with right side eye direction.. so I didn't crop it.

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2012, 07:38 AM
I agree with Mrudul, that if this is a full frame image, then a vertical composition would have been better, as the antenna touches the top frame. You have to keep on trying to click from various angles to get an interesting composition. Were you handholding the lens? Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Joshi Bhavya
05-01-2012, 10:10 AM
thanks sabyasachi,.. yes shot at handheld.