PDA

View Full Version : Asian Paradise Flycatcher (Male)/Bandipur

Praveen Siddannavar
09-12-2011, 08:59 PM
This is record shot, we had just spotted a Leopard on Wesley road, that was too quick to disappear in the bushes. And from no where this Asian Paradise Flycatcher made its appearance for just few seconds.

Camera - Canon EOS 7D, 500mm

Av 4
Tv 1/250
ISO 400
EC -0.3
Focal length 500mm
Bean Bag Support
Date and Time : 19th Nov'11 @ 7:38am

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Lovely,lovely photograph. Nice habitat. Its diagnostic long tail streamers make this small bird double its size.
It reminds me-"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever."
Hindi: Safed Nar, Bengali: Dudhraj

Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

V S Sankar
09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Wonderful image which is so sharp.Lovely capture.

Regards

Bhargava Srivari
10-12-2011, 07:21 AM
I've always been in love with this bird :) Nicely exposed image. The compositions seems fine too; the flowers add to the image.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
10-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Lovely bird. Nice perch and eye contact. You could have added a bit more space from the top to the bottom. Where is the AF point? Is this a crop? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Praveen,
It is great that you could photograph this bird with a long tail in the open. How much of a crop is this? Do you have space at the bottom?

Bhargava,
The flowers belong to an invasive plant. It was initially brought to India by the british as a flowering plant and has ran amok, decimating native species.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks guys for the comments, I have seen these birds at Bandipur but couldn't photograph as they are very shy. This time around I was the one who spotted it first and was quick to fire.

Sabyasachi/Mrudul - I had originally shot as a horizontal composition, here I have cropped almost 40%+ and composed it vertically. Unfortunately I have no space at the bottom. Very difficult to include a meter long streamers, but I managed it:thumbup1:

Bhargava Srivari
10-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Sabyasachi,

Agree with you on the flowers. In fact, I have previously written on this forum on how much I dislike them :D On a serious note though, I wonder sometimes if there is any way to get rid of this plantation!

Cheers

Roopak Gangadharan
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Nice one praveen.Lovely bird but tough ones to photograph.

TFS
Roopak