PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pond Heron

Atul Sinai
21-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Hi,

Please critique this image. Shot in Pune.

Canon 600D. 400mm f5.6
Manual Exposure
Auto Focus
Spot metering
Shutter Speed 1/400
Aperture 5.6
ISO 400
Focal Length 400mm
Cropped by 59%
Monopod support

Regards,
Atul

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Bhai Atul,
Many of your photographs have earned so much of praise from All.In this Photograph you just make Head to Neck Rufous coloured, it will look akin to a Cattle Egret.Thank you for sharing.SaktiWiild

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Bhai Atul,
I had no intension to cause any umbrage in my last night's comments,so I am writing on my own.What I expected,perhaps, a picture which resembles what we see in this part of India,so common and so often throughout the year .You are a man with initiative and do well for Nature.SaktiWild

Atul Sinai
22-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Thanks Shaktipada.

Sorry, not quite clear as what you want to say. Haven't done any special post-processing or coloring on this one. Attaching another photo of this pond heron shot during the same photo session. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Atul

Bhargava Srivari
22-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Nice calling pose. Slightly lesser space at the bottom may be better compositionally.

tfs

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-09-2011, 10:06 AM
Many Thanks for posting the second Photograph.Nice Image.The Natural Colour,Composition,the Beauty of Habitat, The Focus (on its Prey) and slightly different pose are attractive and have been captured so well.It is a treat to watch the Patience of this Bird.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Many Thanks for posting the second Photograph.Nice Image. The Natural Colour ,Composition,the Beauty of Habitat, The Focus (on its Prey) and slightly different Pose are attractive and have been captured so well.It is a treat to watch the Patience of this Bird.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
23-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Atul,
You need to decrease the colour temperature. It is looking yellowish. I won't fault you though. When I shifted to digital, I too used to set improper colour temperatures. In birding, if you don't select the apropriate colour temperature, saturation, contrast etc, the plumage colours will look different. And in many species, it would result in great difficulty in identifying.

A bit higher contrast will also help here. I like the pose in both the two images. Keep on clicking and sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
23-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the comments !

Sabyasachi, don't have much idea about color temperature as of now. I will find out how to find out how to get the right color temp for different light conditions.

Thanks for pointing out the color temp flaw in the image.

Regards,
Atul