PDA

View Full Version : common sparrow

Ashok Sorout
14-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Found this friend in my backyard. Canon 7D, 100-400, f 5.6, 1/500, iso 500.

Not sure about the name and is under exposed.

Bhargava Srivari
15-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Ashok,

This looks to me like a female pied bushcat or could even be a brown rock caht. I'm not too sure. You can buy Richard Grimmet's book, Birds of Indian subcontinent to be able to be better at identifying birds :)

The focus seems to be fine. Wish the bird was more parallel to you so that you could have got the whole bird in focus. Seeing the reasonably high shutter speed, you could have used ISO 400 with slightly narrower aperture like f6.3 or f7.1 Otherwise, you have done quite well here and you sure have a nice backyard :) I've never seen anything except for a few red vented bulbul in our apartment complex.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Nice Photograph.It is either a Female Pied Bushchat or a Juvenile,in my view.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
15-09-2011, 11:50 AM
Ashok,
Were you shooting in Av mode?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Ashok Sorout
15-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for your comments, Yes I was using AV mode except apperture all things were decided by camera, Not yet moved next to AV mode. Hope to have company of any one of you for few days to learn above auto mode.

Mrudul Godbole
15-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Its good you are using the Av mode. Setting the ISO along with it, will help in getting the desirable shutter speed. The eye contact is nice, agree a narrower aperture would have been good to get more details. Keep photographing.

You can check with Sabyasachi. He was planning a workshop for IndiaWilds members. Thanks for sharing.