PDA

View Full Version : Is this Diplacodes sp. - Female ?

Atul Sinai
14-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi Guys,

Want to confirm the ID. Also critique the image. Shot this in Pune, yesterday morning.

Canon 600D. 55-250mm
Manual Exposure
Spot metering
Shutter Speed 1/250
Aperture 11.0
ISO 200
Focal Length 235mm
Cropped by 22%
Monopod support

Regards,
Atul

Abhishek Jamalabad
14-08-2011, 10:09 PM
It does look like Diplocodes sp. The use of f11 has helped. Slightly more DoF would have covered it completely, but not sure if that was possible as you were shooting had held.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
15-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Nice image. The background is nicely diffused. I agree with the composition. You can increase the ISO to 400 to get more depth of field, but that will show a bit more noise in cropping. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
15-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Nice perch. The clean background adds to the composition. Try approaching the subjects very slowly so you won't have to crop. Thanks for sharing.

You can read the following thread to know more about approaching wildlife -
Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64)

Atul Sinai
16-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys. Mrudul, had already gone through that link. The details provided by Sabyasachi there are really good and very helpful.

Was able to get more closer and get full frame, but the image was not sharp enough and lacked quality. Have been facing focus problems with my lens when I try to get too close. Probably extension tube might help.

Regards,
Atul