PDA

View Full Version : Monster Meal @f/16 (Record image)

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
As per Mrudul's request- This is a similar scene to the previous post, shot at f/16 using flash. The angle here is also slightly different.
I find the highlights in this image very distracting. Tried to bring down the highlights but it doesn't seem to help much. Also, the 'artificial' catchlight created by the flash doesn't look very good to me. Kept it as a record shot since the ants are more visible here.
(For your information, the ants are the same species as in this image I had previously posted- Ants At Work - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6511))

Canon EOS 500D, Canon 100mm Macro USM
Manual Exposure
Tv 1/200
Av 16.0
ISO 1600 (could have been lowered)
Flash On (built-in flash)
Flash EC -1
Full frame, processed in LR3

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
03-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for sharing this image. This image shows the actual natural history moment with the ants on the spider. The details are nice. Nicely captured.

Joshi Bhavya
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
poor spidey..Hunter become hunt. nice shot Abhishek, but very bad feel for spider.

Sabyasachi Patra
03-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I agree that that a flash with a diffuser might have been a better option here. Good to see the ants on top. Nice moment capture. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Praveen Siddannavar
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow! This is much better than the previous one. Great work!
tfs

Abhishek Jamalabad
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Would like to update the ID- the spider is a Wandering Spider (Ctenus sp.). The ants are Camponotus sericeus.

Vijayasarathy Sekar
10-06-2011, 09:35 AM
- Great Shot Abhishek. Amazed by the amount of detail in the picture. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Vijay