PDA

View Full Version : Little Jumper In His Little World

Abhishek Jamalabad
01-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Found this tiny Jumping Spider on a tiny plant in the grass during a trip to Karnala today. Not been able to identify it yet. Barely about 4-5mm long.
This was clicked at 1:1. The spider looks small in the frame; however, I liked the colours and the overall feel of the image showing the spider's small world. Turned out to be one of my most favourite shots from the trip :), hence thought of posting it.

Canon EOS 500D + Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro USM
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv 1/500
Av 6.3
EC -1 1/3
ISO 800
Flash Off
White Balance Daylight (preset)
Handheld

Small crop from the top and right to remove a hint of distracting vegetation. No changes other than that.

Thanks, comments and critiques eagerly awaited.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Nice image. It would have been great without the leaf on the right. At 1:1 this seems to be a tiny spider. Do let us know what it is.

Which plant is this? The spider with the entire leaf gives a nice feel. Get some extension tubes (they come in 25mm, 12mm etc). That will help you in getting the subject larger in frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
Which plant is this?

It was a young Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) plant, growing wild among the grass.
Have not been able to find the ID of the spider from the usual online sources... will probably require help from an expert here.

Mrudul Godbole
01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Looks like it is really small. The eye contact is nice. I liked the catchlight in the eyes. Good details. Thanks for sharing.