PDA

View Full Version : Insects

Purushottam Hariram Dixit
29-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Camera - Fujifinepix S700
Place - Fort Kailashgad, Mulshi, Pune

Mrudul Godbole
29-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Very colourful first post. This is a 'Jewel Beetle'. The colours look nice. A bit more space at the bottom than at the top would be good. Do share the EXIF details like aperture, ISO and shutter speed, to help in critiquing better. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
29-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree with Mrudul's comment. Did you crop a lot after clicking the image? Or did you use the digital zoom? Some more sharpness would have been good.

Purushottam Hariram Dixit
30-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Yes I use digital zoom , :confused: but I do not crop that image.

Mrudul Godbole
30-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Yes I use digital zoom , :confused:

Hari, by using digital zoom, the details are lost in the image. So it is advisable that you lock the digital zoom in your camera. For getting close to the subject, you can check this discussion - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64)

Sabyasachi Patra
30-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes I use digital zoom , :confused: but I do not crop that image.

Its the same. Digital zoom doesn't increase your reach. When you use the digtal zoom, the camera selects a small portion of the image that is created from the using the optical zoom lens. So it is akin to an in-camera cropping. So ultimately the quality suffers. Just stay away from the digital zoom function.