PDA

View Full Version : Fan-throated Lizard

Tushar Dixit
17-11-2010, 10:06 PM
One of the lifers for me. Males use this colored gular fan to attract mates. As this dazzling display throws away the camouflage, the fan is displayed only for fraction of a second or so. In the session that lasted 20 mins, I could click only a couple in full display. Clicked near Pune in summer of 09.

Clicked with Canon EOS 400D with 400mm f/5.6L @ f/8, 1/640, ISO 400. C&C most welcome!

Mohan Raj
18-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Beautiful lizard. I like the composition and the colours have come out well.
:thumbup:

One of the best images I have seen of Fan-throated lizard (Sitana ponticeriana). Tushar, TFS.

Mrudul Godbole
18-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Nice display of colours. The pose and the sharpness is good. The background is well diffused. Very well captured. Thinking if moving just a bit more to the right would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-11-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree that moving slightly to the right would have given better eye contact. However, these fellows do the display fast and move or turn the head. So it becomes difficult to get everything together. Overall, nice image. Is this a crop?

Since you were using the 400D, I won't suggest a higher ISO. In these cases, a higher shutter speed always helps. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi