PDA

View Full Version : drossera burmanii

Jitendra Katre
14-10-2010, 03:40 PM
an insectivorous plant found on Kaas plateau, seen like one to two cm discs. i had to use very narrow aperture ( and therefore flash) to achieve adequate DOF.
canon 450d,tamron 90mm,f/11,1/200,iso-200

Mrudul Godbole
14-10-2010, 06:55 PM
The colours are quite attractive, maybe to attract insects. The water drops (rain drops?) look good. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
14-10-2010, 06:58 PM
Do you have any image without the flash? Did you use the built-in flash? Is this taken handheld?

One has to be careful in using flash when there are white portions in the subject. There seems to be some blown highlights. Especially the reds channel seems to be blown as well as the whites. Not easy to capture this. However, a tripod mount plus further narrow aperture would have helped.

Look forward to other views of this species.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Saurabh Bhatia
14-10-2010, 08:01 PM
This is tropical sundew
A very nice capture indeed.

When you meet it next, try stealing a dead insect from a nearby spiderweb and feed it to this plant. watch it curl around it, and capture the action for us:D too...

Mrudul: The name itself has dew ;)

The bulbous endings of the compound leaf look like rain drops, but they aren't.
However there does seem to be some amount of water drops under the bulbous end; Flash has made them shine out brilliantly.

Jitendra Katre
15-10-2010, 06:52 AM
thanks for the comments,
this is handheld shot with built-in flash used. it was impossible without flash as light was too low, also using tripod wasn't so easy as plant was located in a slope.

Bibhav Behera
15-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Lovely to see this plant. It would have been good without flash. But great to see this species. I had not seen images of it earlier. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Great record shot. I'm dying to see this species. Could you provide some info on it?