PDA

View Full Version : a portrait

Jitendra Katre
13-06-2010, 05:30 PM
canon 450d,tamron 90mm macro,f-4.5,1/250,iso-400
of course this is a crop..

Sabyasachi Patra
13-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Although a crop, it is good to see extreme closeups, so that we can see the details. You can use extension tubes to focus close. The extension tubes are without optics and they wont degrade the quality. The come in different sizes 12 mm, 25mm etc. A set of extension tubes when used between the lens and the camera body, will be a great help.

Bibhav Behera
13-06-2010, 07:13 PM
I like the details on the thorax. The colours look lovely too. A higher DOf would have been helpful but without proper flash equipment, it becomes tough to manage it. I would have liked to see a bit more on the right side. The out of focus eye in the front is a bit distracting.

Just a thought: Wondering if it would look cool to have a shallow DOF and focus only on the eye in front. :)

Mrudul Godbole
14-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Electric colours :). The details are nice. Had never seen it so close. Do post the uncropped version too. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
16-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Nice colours. This image shows one of the major differences between dragonflies and damselflies- in damselflies the eyes are set apart.
I would have preferred the focus on the left eye in this image.

Just a thought: Wondering if it would look cool to have a shallow DOF and focus only on the eye in front. :)
Bibhav, there is one such image in the David Attenborough book Life in the Undergrowth. :)