PDA

View Full Version : White Browed Fantail

Sadananda Koppalkar
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
SS: 1/200
Av: f/8.0
ISO: 800
FL: 500mm
This bird movement was so fast and continuous so I had to bump up the ISO to get decent image. But couldn't get it with clean foreground.

Bibhav Behera
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
The foreground bracketing from both sides is a bit distracting. Otherwise i like this iamge. Did you try a vertical to avoid the distractions?

Sabyasachi Patra
03-02-2010, 06:18 PM
When you photograph birds in their habitat, there would be distractions. The trick is to minimise it and use the distractions or out of focus foreground to frame the subject. The right side appears distracting as it is out of focus and also due to its colour. If the colour would have been dull, then the distraction would have been much less. I don't mind the foliage behind the bird.

It is good that you are trying out with f8. Unfortunately, shutter speeds are less. Else, I would have suggested even narrower apertures. The eye is in the clear. That has helped this image.

How much crop is this? A vertical framing is worth exploring in these situations, especially when there is an out-of-focus tree in front of the bird. Overall, its a good effort. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
03-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice eye contact. The ruffled feathers are interesting. Agree with views above. Its quite difficult to photograph birds in trees. The background has come well. Thanks for sharing.

Sadananda Koppalkar
03-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks a lot for your reviews. Surely it helped me a lot. I have recomposed the image. Hope this looks better.

Abhishek Jamalabad
03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Nice image. Agree about the distractions though. The distractions have been reduced in the repost, but that has made the bird more tightly framed. So it is best to try to avoid distractions at the time of photographing itself. Overall a good attempt, TFS

Praveen Siddannavar
04-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Lovely image, I think most of points are covered in the comments, the repost looks good but a tight one
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
04-02-2010, 11:29 AM
In the repost, some more space at the top would be good.