Shooting Date/Time 10/18/2009 8:29:58 AM
Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/400
Av( Aperture Value ) 5.6
ISO Speed 800
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Focal Length 400.0 mm

Mrudul Godbole
27-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Nice composition. Liked the colours and the details. Seems the light was quite bad. There is a slight hint of legs at the right corner, thinking if you should crop that. Thanks for sharing.

Bibhav Behera
28-10-2009, 01:37 AM
The sharpness is fine. The colours look good. I like the catchlight in the eye.

I would have preferred a rectangular (2:3) crop here rather than a squarish crop. The curved out of focus branch behind its head is a bit distracting. Noise is visible due to ISO 800. The shutter speed was at 1/400 so you could have safely decreased the ISO to 400 and got 1/200 shutter speed which in my opinion would have been sufficient.

A good attempt nevertheless... Thanks for sharing...

Sabyasachi Patra
28-10-2009, 10:20 AM
I would consider cropping from the right. I agree that the out of focus branch is a bit of distraction especially since it passes behind the head. When I had started photographing the first challenge was to get a sharp photo. :D Once I got a hang of exposure, I started looking at these distractions etc to get a pleasing image. We try to move the vehicle to a place where we anticipate the animal to be and which is likely to give a pleasing composition. Most often people fail to do that and later on resort to cloning.

It is better if we ask ourselves the questions: Why am I clicking? What am I trying to portray or showcase? If we ask ourselves atleast these two questions before pressing the shutter, then we wont be deleting or cloning images later.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
29-10-2009, 09:43 PM
SHarp image and nice colours. Agree abt the noise. Also agree abt going for a rectangular crop. Personally I would prefer to leave a space of abt 2/3rds of the image length in front of the peacock.