PDA

View Full Version : Tiger with sambar kill

Abhirup Dutta Gupta
05-02-2017, 11:43 AM
CANON 60D, SIGMA 150-500 MM OS, SS. 1/640 , F. 6.3, ISO. 500. Full frame in Ranthambore.
The camera setting was wrong according to the lighting condition and I forget to change that as all safari cars ware not allowed to satay there by the forest officials not more than 1/2 sec.

Saktipada Panigrahi
05-02-2017, 09:01 PM
Nice that you could see tiger with sambar kill, which it relishes. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
06-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Great moment....sometimes even the so called errors don't matter as there's still a good story to tell based on what's visible....Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
08-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Rare sighting. It seems you reached the spot soon after the tiger had killed it. I liked the framing, with the eyes of the tiger watching you and infront of him the dead sambar with its eyes open. You can try to increase the brightness a bit. Thanks for sharing.

Subhash Shrivastava
08-02-2017, 07:03 PM
Rare moment. seems like tiger is catching it's breath after a strenuous effort. Very heartening to hear that FD personnel are doing their job. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Good that you saw a tiger on its kill. Unfortunately, the tourism pressure in these premier reserves are so much that they resort to these kinds of rules. The number of vehicles entering the forests have to be drastically be reduced. Earlier, I used to have experience of watching tigers for hours as either our jeep would be alone or we used to have only a couple of more vehicles. So the disturbance was less. These days tourism has started impacting the wellbeing of the wildlife, despite the tourism lobby vehemently denying it.