PDA

View Full Version : Brown Crake

Atul Dhamankar
31-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Brown Crake is a very difficult bird to photogarphed. I try to take photo of it for last two year, but never got the chance. Finally yesterday I got sucssed. For this I set full three hours in a portable hide and this very shy and alert bird came out.

Nikon D80
Sigma 170-500mm APO DG
Aperture: f/8
SS : 1/250
ISO 400
Mounted on tripod

Bibhav Behera
31-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Good job stalking. congratulations for the bird... I like the composition. the noise is substantial though...

Abhishek Jamalabad
31-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Great shot, good compo. Agree abt the noise...is it due to too much sharpening?

Mrudul Godbole
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Lovely bird, nicely captured. I liked the pose and the composition. The raised leg adds to the image. Sharp. The dew drops on the grass are interesting. Is it a crop?

Sabyasachi Patra
01-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Atul,
Nice bird. It is nice that you finally got this bird. It is worth the wait. I like the raised foot. The cloning in the background is evident. Some of the blacks on the foot, body and eye has lost details. You may need to revisit your post processing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Aditya Panda
02-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Difficult to get bird. Where was this shot? I think you have lost details because of using Neat Image or other such noise removal software. Over sharpening and overuse of noise removal always ruins details. It is always better to not use any noise removal at all unless absolutely necessary. Minor noise is easily tolerable- and can even be pleasant- if details are retained. Personally, up to ISO 800 I do not use any noise removal, and unless it is a record shot, I never go over ISO 800.

As Sabyasachi noticed, cloning in the background is evident too. A lot of us agree that cloning, except for removing dust spots, is unethical as it manipulates the content of the image.

Thanks for sharing the image, keep posting!

Cheers,
Aditya

Atul Dhamankar
03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
I took this photo from very low angle, almost laying on ground, so the clear background effect is due to that, not by cloneing. I applied sharpening and neatimage for removeing noise, but not cloned a single blade of grass from the background.

Jitendra Katre
05-09-2009, 10:49 AM
very good,sharp image,congratulations!