PDA

View Full Version : GIR: March 1975: Fury before Charge

Saktipada Panigrahi
18-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Praktica LTL, Image 200mm, Agfa 200 ASA, Scanned
Earlier I have posted the photo of the Lion in normal mood. Suddenly,a tourist bus on way to Veraval arrived and one of the tourist was wearing red coloured shirt. The expression of the Lion changed instantly. While running backwards for safety behind the bus before the forest guard could intervene, I looked behind and took this shot.

Mrudul Godbole
18-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Nice to see the king in his habitat. Good you could capture this behaviour just in time. You were in a gypsy or on foot? Even today tourists are not aware about the dress code required when they visit a sanctuary or national park. Forest department should issue a strict guideline for people before they take a safari. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to more.

Roopak Gangadharan
19-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Nice to see this sir....must have been one tense moment.the pic also shows how well the animal blends into his environs. if one didn't know there was a lion in the brushwood he will probably walk right into it.
TFS
roopak

Samrat Sarkar
22-09-2015, 03:54 PM
This image was created four years before I was born!!! all the images of the bygone days posted by you makes me so emotional when I think that the forests of our country were so beautiful and virgin that time than the present time when I am visiting these places..In those years there were no such publicity or social medias or no such forums such as this where you could share your experience of joys with others. I am very much impressed to view these not so clear but very clear black and white pictures so many years after they were captured. Thanks for sharing and eagerly looking forward to view many more such pictures of Manas from you...
Samrat

Sabyasachi Patra
27-09-2015, 09:43 PM
The lion clearly appears annoyed. People don't realise that they are in the wild and hence should try to blend with the surroundings. Too often people wave, shout, use strong scent and this results in the wild animals getting agitated. Most of the times the wildlife will vanish away when they realise a two legged creature has come close. At times they do remonstrate angrily. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Shyamala Kumar
30-09-2015, 05:43 AM
The size and grandeur of this magnificent predator is very much apparent in this black and white rendition. The dense undergrowth and the disturbed look on the lions face give a great sense of danger. Thanks for sharing.