PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cat Stalking

Rajbir Oberoi
26-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Once upon a time, manoeuvring in the east made the west!

Canon 5d Mark III + Canon 100-400
ISO 1000, F/5.6, 1/400s, @ 365mm
Aperture Priority, Evaluate Metering

Dec 2014
Blackbuck National Park, Velavadar, Gujarat

Saktipada Panigrahi
26-12-2014, 10:39 PM
The Jungle Cat goes hunting. The tail with dark tip with a few rings above and the dark bars on inside of forelimb have come out well. It is a fine specimen, appears to be a sub-adult. Good environment image. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Kaustuv Chatterjee
27-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Great early morning capture. If you try another version with some of the bottom area of the road cropped out such that the cat is brought closer and placed lower in the frame, it may enhance the shot

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Nice to see it on the prowl in the early morning hours. The low angle looks nice. How did you get the low angle here? You were sitting there and it made a sudden appearance? Thinking slight less space on the right would have been good. Thanks for sharing.

Rajbir Oberoi
28-12-2014, 12:27 PM
Kaustav : thanks for youur comments, i can try tht version but that will require lot of cropping and i might end up loosing the details on the image :)

Mrudul : i knew that the cat was behind the grassland and thought it might cross the road, so i stationed myself down on the ground hiding behind the door of the car and it appeared, looking for something, crossed the road and went inside the grassland on the other side. It was the late afternoon shot :)

Sabyasachi Patra
29-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Great sighting. Shooting from the low angle has given a nice perspective and takes us into its world.

I think you were using the central autofocus point. The autofocus of 5D Mark III is good and you could have used a peripheral AF point. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Roopak Gangadharan
30-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Nice catch. Agree with comments above.

they are quite shy normally and scoot if there is a hint of human presence but i heard in Gujarat (khijadiya) they are very tolerant of wildlife photographers....:D ..wonder why ?

TFS
Roopak