PDA

View Full Version : white-throated fantail.

Arindam Datta
15-07-2013, 09:24 PM
although widely distributed all-over the indian sub-continent,this bird is one of the most sighted one in the eastern himalayas.the more intriguing fact is that inspite of high spotting rate is much less clicked,owing to its annoyingly agile nature.however lucky to get a decent shot after repeated failures.

shot at the scenic localess of neora valley national park,on our trek route from choudapheri to rechela.

canon EOS 500d,sigma150-500mm apo,dg macro.
@500mm,handheld.no flash.
1/320 secs,is0-1600,f/6.3

Roopak Gangadharan
15-07-2013, 10:22 PM
nice eye contact and you have got the fan-tail in action as well. the bg looks fuzzy

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Nice image from picturesque Neora Valley N.P. (W.B). Abode of so many rare animals and birds, yet to be fully explored. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
16-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Nice sighting. Good eye contact. There are slight highlights on the branch, you can try to recover in post processing. Is this full frame? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
18-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Good to hear that you had been to Neora National Park. How many days did you trek there? It would be nice to hear about your experiences there and the overall situation from a conservation point of view. You can post a report in the Wilderness Updates section.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Arindam Datta
22-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Good to hear that you had been to Neora National Park. How many days did you trek there? It would be nice to hear about your experiences there and the overall situation from a conservation point of view. You can post a report in the Wilderness Updates section.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
thanks for your query sir,yes i did went to neoravalley national park and did trek for 5 days through it in the month of march 2012.it was a three 5days trek route.my itinerary was
Day 1: Lava - Zero Point (jeep) - Aluabari (trek)
Day 2: Aluabari - Reche La (jor pokhari)
Day 3: Reche La - Reche Camp
Day 4: Reche Camp - Bhote Kharak - Mouchaki Bit
Day 5: Mouchaki Bit - Suntalekhola.

i too will be grateful to do this for this forum and will definitely write-up my travelogue once i get the time to do so!please do bear with me!thanks!

Arindam Datta
22-07-2013, 07:19 PM

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
thanks for your query sir,yes i did went to neoravalley national park and did trek for 5 days through it in the month of march 2012.it was a three 5days trek route.my itinerary was
Day 1: Lava - Zero Point (jeep) - Aluabari (trek)
Day 2: Aluabari - Reche La (jor pokhari)
Day 3: Reche La - Reche Camp
Day 4: Reche Camp - Bhote Kharak - Mouchaki Bit
Day 5: Mouchaki Bit - Suntalekhola.

i too will be grateful to do this for this forum and will definitely write-up my travelogue once i get the time to do so!please do bear with me!thanks!