PDA

View Full Version : Its Monsoon | Asian Koel

Sucheth Lingachar
04-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Photographed at Bangaluru

Nikon D7000, Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4D IF-ED + AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II/14E

F/5.6, 1/250s, ISO 3200

Roopak Gangadharan
05-06-2013, 10:19 AM
nice pic sucheth. a lil more space on the right wud be good.

TFS
Roopak

Rajan Kanagasabai
08-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Lovely composition Suchet. The rain drops add to the wet effect. The focus seems to be on the leaves to the left of the bird (or is it my eyes playing footsie . .).

Thanks for sharing

regards
Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
08-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Nice to see an image of this bird in rain. A bit more space at the bottom would also have been better. Slightly reducing the brightness and increasing the contrast would have been good. That would also have made the raindrops more prominent. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Sucheth Lingachar
09-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Thank you Roopak, Rajan and Sabyasachi Patra for the comments...

Sabyasachi Patra: as you said i have reduced the Brightness and increased the Contrast and uploading the image let me know how it is... and bottom i dont have any space because this was taken from my Room's Window and that too in between the grill. i couldn't move either up or down

Mrudul Godbole
09-06-2013, 04:58 PM
The repost looks better. Nice to see a koel in the rain. Good eye contact. Agree with the above comments. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
10-06-2013, 09:22 AM
I think in the repost the rain appear slightly better, though the head portion gets dark. It is a very fine balance and it takes a lot of comparisons of before and after to decide. In lightroom one can do that side by side. No idea about photoshop though. Haven't used photoshop for a long time.