PDA

View Full Version : Tigress eating kill - Telia sub adult

Kaustuv Chatterjee
26-02-2013, 05:37 PM
More from the series of the Telia sisters sighting.

Here this tigress started dragging away the huge wild boar

Nikon D90, Nikkor 70-300mm, shot at 300mm, ISO 400, 1/60s - F/5.6

Kaustuv Chatterjee
26-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Another version of pp...this is better

Mrudul Godbole
26-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice action captured. Here you could get them quite in the clear. Liked the stare. Good that the horizontal branch on the top is not directly obstructing the view. Was it possible to get a lower angle? Thanks for sharing.

Kaustuv Chatterjee
27-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi Mrudul,

We were among 20-25 jeeps jostling for space...somehow got this shot...no other angle was possible

Sabyasachi Patra
27-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Tough situation with so many jeeps around. I am hating this situation of so many vehicles running around our major national parks. Too much of noise due to the vehicles moving, one doesn't get a feeling of wilderness. Rather it feels more like a trip inside a zoo. At a minimum, the forest department has to reduce the number of vehicles entering into the forest to 25% of the present number.

Watching a tiger eating its kills is a nice feeling.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaustuv Chatterjee
01-03-2013, 08:07 AM
You're absolutely right...its downright disgusting and irritating...compounded by some irresponsible and apathetic forest guards. During one sighting of a huge male with a young female, a gaggle of forest guards' freinds, families walked on the road hardly 30 ft from the tigers, chattering excitedly like kids in a zoo, gesticulating, cat calling, etc. Have clicked a pic of that abominable behavior and will post soon. Plan to write to the CCF Tadoba to highlight the state of affairs and push for some action

Murugan Anantharaman
01-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Lovely image of the tiger staring into your lens. The catch looks good too. The prospect of 20 jeeps is awful. I plan to be in Tadoba between 15-17th March (Gajanan Bhai was gracious enough to help me with logistics) and these many numbers of jeeps around Telia cubs seems to something to expect. Lets hope the cubs get some breathing space. Thanks for sharing.