PDA

View Full Version : Magpie Robin-Female

Murugan Anantharaman
12-02-2013, 05:34 PM
She was hopping all over the place and was searching for food. It was nice to see her tail go up and down as she moved all over. One still moment I could manage this image. Light was slightly tricky, hence the slightly shadowed image.

Nikon D7000,f/5.6,SS 1/320,ISO 250,ec +.3,fl 300mm. Cropped a bit.

Mrudul Godbole
13-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Nice pose and eye contact. I liked the raised tail. Good perch. Agree good light would have enhanced the composition further. I feel an off-centered composition, with more space on the right and less on the left and bottom (rectangular framing) would strengthen the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
14-02-2013, 03:17 PM
nice murugan, quite fearless they are.....there is a pair which nests around my home, the male picks food out of my hand.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
15-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I agree that with against the light situation, it is not easy. The background is brighter than the bird, so that makes it tough. The pose is nice. Some more space on the right would have enhanced the composition.

As Roopak has mentioned, they can get used to humans. However, eating out of hand example I had not heard earlier. I hope all the birds and animals can lose fear of persecution and come close to man. It was interesting to hear the lecture of Dr Schaller last year where he mentioned that when he first went to the Tibet plateau, he found animals didn't fear man. Now they are being rund down by motorcycles and shot. I am not sure when we will come to our senses. :(

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi