PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a Break! - BRT Tiger Family

Praveen Siddannavar
24-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Firstly "Merry Christmas" to all you lovely people around the world, and please accept my best wishes to you and your family for "Happy 2013".

Gimme a Break! is what exactly this tiger family said at BRT the other day,and why not - all the four cubs were busy feeding on a Sambar kill. How many tigers do you see in this frame, you're right 3. The 4th cub snatched away the kill and is sitting beside the 3 siblings and I managed to capture this action. So don't go away I will be right back to share a Great Natural History Moment shortly.

I have visited BRT for ages, thoroughly loved the forest, enjoyed watching elephants, gaurs and plenty of bird species, but the highlight was always the Barking Deer and BRT has a high density of these shy deers than any other parks. What I didn't see all these years was a CAT and before the year ended, my jinx is broken and I was blessed to see a wonderful tiger family. To top up a Dhole (Indian Wild dog) too made his appearance in this pristine forest. Overall a 100% satisfying trip it was and Thanks to the JLR team for taking care of me so well, and off course Lokesh who made this sighting possible from a very difficult situation.

Camera - Canon 1D Mark IV, Canon f4 500mm lens
EXIF - ISO 800 Av 4 Tv 1/250 sec EC - 0.3, Cropped, Sub dist 45M, Time shot 7:24am

Bhargava Srivari
24-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I'm happy for you that your effort of seeing a Tiger in BRT has paid off finally. Look forward to the natural history moment.

Cheers

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-12-2012, 11:32 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OUR BELOVED MEMBERS AND VIEWERS AND ALSO TO THE MAGNIFICENT ANIMALS AND BIRDS OF INDIA THAT ENRICH OUR LIVES EVERY MOMENT.

I am thrilled to see the beautiful image of tigers of BRT presented to us by Praveen Bhai. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
28-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Nice yawning pose captured. you got it nicely through the dense bushes. Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
28-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Very nice. In terms of the sheer wilderness feel, I love this image. The 2 OOF tigers in the BG add to the main subject. How much of a crop is it? Can we see the full frame too?
TFS

Kaustuv Chatterjee
29-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Great image...striking cos of the dense habitat halo and the 2 out of focus cubs...a peek into their world...a very happy new year to you too and thanks for sharing!

Suraj Sreedhar
30-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Nice moment captured......................Nice Image:001_smile:
TFS