PDA

View Full Version : Mongoose cubs

Atul Sinai
22-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Sharing the image of the Mongoose cubs. They were dancing along the branches.

Managed to grab both of them in one frame here. The composition could have been better, I would have preferred a bit more space at the bottom, but had no time to shift the AF point. Just hurried in and grabbed the shot before they moved apart.

Camera: Canon 7D
Lens: Canon 400mm f5.6
Exposure: Manual
Focus: Auto
Metering: Manual
Shutter Speed: 1/320
Aperture: f5.6
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 400mm

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Nice image. Cute cubs- glittering eyes. Composition is fine.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
23-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice eye contact from both. Agree the composition looks fine. Look forward to more from the series. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
23-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Nice .like the eye contact. one species which is improvising everyday in learning to live with mankind. I remember in my childhood seeing stuffed ruddy mongooses in all sorts of places - fairs, with street hawkers, medicine-men, curio shops and some tribals who used to do door to door marketing along with begging. In some of the railway stations in tamilnadu this was the specialty on sale. I guess those days are over... the challenge now is to avoid getting run over on the road.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
30-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I agree that a wider composition with more space at the bottom would have been better. A higher shutter speed for more sharpness would have been great. However, you were already at ISO 800.

I have seen mongoose smashed in the road infront of me. Feel sad for these wonderful creatures.