Thread: Diary of Manas- Malayan Giant Squirrel and Capped Langur

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Part 11

The those two squirrels were back with their normal activities, hopping from this tree to that tree, sometimes sitting with folded legs. I lost myself as I continued watching them. After a while I saw two squirrels to be sitting just in front of each other with their front legs folded. Then, are both of them in the mood of submissiveness? Maybe both of them have entered into other’s territory. Debroruka has observed that two squirrels show submissive or dominant behaviour only inside their marked and feeding territory. Therefore the dominant and submissive ranking are subject to change with the change of territories. I was then wondering, was that place where I first saw the colourful squirrel was own marked territory? All these questions frequent my mind and as I try to find the answers I become engrossed with more questions. All the birds then start chirping here and there.

Manas remain where it always did. The characters of the story return to their own selves. Suddenly, I turned back and found that my son and wife had come there to call me to join them for lunch. It was already too late and the door of the kitchen would shut soon. I did not wait there anymore and returned to the bungalow hastily.

Originally written in Bengali - Samrat Sarkar
    Translation into English - Bishwajit Debnath
    Photo - Samrat Sarkar
    Equipment - Canon EOS 7D + Canon 500mm f4 + Monopod, Olympus OMD EM1 + Zuiko 12-40mm PRO
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information