contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: People and wildlife of Eastern Himalaya_My journey to some remote village_Ghumtigaon

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Part 13

As we see them we become grateful and behave in a childish manner. We compare the different pictures shot of them. Those pictures are the only things that they leave with us. Then the Ghumtigaon village laugh at us because the Hornbills are not its guests but are its close neighbour for the whole year round. People of this Ghumtigaon village have conserved the environment with its natural trees and plants and rivers. So the birds love this place. They come and stay in this place with a feeling of security.

A school teacher walks past along with his students under the banyan tree unconcerned of the fact that there are Hornbills eating banyan fruits just above their heads. Leftover crumbs of the banyan fruits fall on the footpath below, on the roof of the school. They come here everyday and they will continue coming here this way. The Ghumtigaon village did not have to do some research work to woo the hornbills to visit their place and it was never required to do that either. Ghumtigaon is another name for the staunch epitome for the conservation of the mother nature.

Written and photographed in Bengali by – Samrat Sarkar.
    Translation into English by Bishwajit Debnath
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information