contact IndiaWilds
Home
About
Diary
Forums
Gallery
ContactUs

User Tag List

Thread: Wild Life Photographers : Positive Intrusion & where to draw a line?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a lot of ambiguity to Bret Mills' report. The logic proposed by the researcher could potentially be taken to absurd levels. Here Bret is holding up typical "human societal" propriety to the animal world.

What really should be of concern is the intrusion factor and its effects. To take a unique image if one builds a hide by tampering with surrounding flora - that is a problem. If I make too much of noise while I filming wildlife - that is a problem. If my friends make loud noise by seeing a tiger nap - that is a problem.

As long as we are discreet; it should not be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Man vs God...

Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed the "IPL parties" for India's debacle at the World cup T20 in West Indies.Then somebody countered by asking; "Why he didn't say this before the tournament started?!"

We all talk as per our convenience.Man has been playing God for many years to come.Why is that there are man made water holes in many of the Tiger reserves of India?Many of the Tiger photos on Indiawilds are of Tigers moving around these waterholes......

Many more are of Tigers either taking rest or taking a stroll on man made roads(Not tarred of course!)

Man is the ultimate God for Animals.He decides whether they should survive or not.

Many a cattle were culled in europe a few years ago.Why is that nobody shed some tears for that?

Lets now imagine a situation.All the Tigers of Ranthanbore are carrying a deadly virus.Any man comes even close to 1Km radius can be infected with the virus and no cure exists.What you do in such a situation?

So it is Man who decides the fate of animals.Sabyasachi says we should not play God.We already have.......

All these Tiger reserves are made by men.We have already intervened in their natural survival.Why is that there is no "Hyena reserves" in India.

Is it because that the Tiger is more photogenic?Or is it because that it is on the top of the food pyramid?

In reality men looked at animals only after he settled down in his life.Befeore that he had no time for animal survival.

All those wildlife documentaries have intervened in the natural way the animals behave, and entertained us.Steve Irwin asked Larry King "Havn't I entertained You".But of course at the cost of the animals.He of course had not harmed any animal.But still intervened in their natural behaviour.

Animals having courtship is diffrent from humans.We are "civilized".Animals are not.If they were; why are they not wearing clothes?!

We take pictures of Tgers,Elephants,Gaurs and Langurs in the Gundlupet- Ooty road.Havn't we intervened in their natural surroundings?We constructed roads and resorts so that we can stay and travel comfortably.

We have looked at animal comfort only after we have reached a certain level of comfort.The only consolation is that there are still a "Few Good men" existing in this world who would see that all those magnificient animals survive for the future generations to see....

Regards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed even Ullas Karanth says in his book 'A view from the machan' that man has already infringed the jungle life and made irreversible impact that, now a retreat would mean more harm than good. Of course the point again is debatable. A thorough scientific study can only confirm. Then again a study again means disturbing the natural course of life?

I agree with Sabyasachi that we must not play god.. but we can make sure about their sustainability by protecting their surviving habitats.

Thread Information